roppongi jazz night.

Friday, July 26, 2013 - Posted by Knz  at 11:45 PM


tonight I went to the bar in roppongi to enjoy a jazz live  at one of the famous jazz bar, where Naoko Terai and other familiar guys perform from time time to time. I learnt lots of new jazz songs sung by beautiful singers,  while I could recognize some of the famous songs, not a quite jazz but as a pops, very familiar to ordinary people, such as the jazz arraignment of "Human nature " by Michael Jackson.

Though I was invited by the senior colleague at the same company and he actually introduced to us one of the singers featured at today's live,  I was absorbed in another singer, called Aki Kitagwa. She wore a graceful dress today colored with purple tonight and looked very nice, on top of her really inspiring, impressive signing... I didn't expect any wonderful talent there unfortunately, as it was my first time to see the live jazz just in front of myself, but actually I bumped into the one that seems one of the most passionate jazz. I was fulfilled with it that I could be there tonight, listening to her soulful songs and feeling sensitive but cool, deep, adult-oriented jazz... 

The best thing I could be there was that with only about 7,000 yen, drinking and food were included with 3.5 rating out of 5.0 by Tabelog, the famous taking web service,  in addition, we could enjoy added-on live performance after the original program ended... 
I didn't know such an unexpected benefit had waited us, but actually held... so if you have a chance to go to a jazz live, you might stay there until the unexpected program shows up.


Anyway, not only the life performance there was fascinating, but also the conversations with my colleagues were also good and let me recognize that there were many people that don't show their another aspect in their private lives, which got my interest in them deeper than before I go to the live. Such a off-time communication brings me better understating on my colleagues which will definitely contribute to my day to day life from now onwards...


Hope that I would be able to have a chance to visit a jazz bar someday again.



best regards, 



kenji